Admin

About Lumberg

The Lumberg Elementary School was named for Harry H. Lumberg, who donated the land that the school and playground are located on. Harry came to Colorado from Denmark in 1886 at age 14. He moved to Edgewater in 1906. The school for grades K-6 was constructed in 1955 and by 1961 had already added an extra classroom wing and a gym. From time to time temporary buildings were moved in as enrollment surged. A library was also added. In conjunction with the City of Edgewater's Park and Recreation Plan, the playground was totally re-landscaped in the mid 1980's.

image of the school
Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2017 West Corporation. All rights reserved.